Ronald George ANDERSON


  Missing Person Ronald Anderson  


Ronald Anderson was last seen at Shoal Bay NSW, on 14 July 2007, mooring his boat.
Ronald had been sailing from Victoria to NSW. Ron's yacht was discovered abandoned and drifting in Shoal Bay.  Ron had a deckhand with him who has since spoken to police. Ron was seen in several local establishments and made enquiries at a Tourist Information Centre about how to get to Sydney "urgently".

He has not been seen since. His disappearance is out of character.

If you have information that may assist police to locate Ronald please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Search unable to find missing yachtie


MAP: Raymond Terrace 2324

An extensive search around the Port Stephens coastline, in the New South Wales Hunter region, has failed to turn up any evidence of a missing Melbourne yachtsman.

Ron Anderson, 73, was last seen on July 14 rowing ashore from his yacht in a dinghy at Shoal Bay.

Water police coordinator Sergeant Tony Hogg says Mr Anderson's whereabouts remains a mystery.

"The sea conditions and visibility was excellent, the guys were able to get in amongst the coastline and areas we wanted to have a look at, and unfortunately we haven't located anything that can assist us further in this matter," he said.

Missing boatie presumed dead


The case of a Melbourne yachtsman who disappeared north of Newcastle five months ago has been referred to the coroner.

Seventy-three-year-old Ron Anderson was last seen rowing ashore from his yacht in a dinghy at Shoal Bay, in the New South Wales Hunter region, on July 14.

Mr Anderson and his travelling companion, Sydney man Gregory Turnbull, were on a trip from Melbourne to Queensland. Mr Turnbull has since been found.

Several searches failed to find any trace of Mr Anderson and a police spokesman says all leads have been exhausted.

A water police spokesman says the incident brief has been completed and the case is now in the hands of the coroner.

He says Mr Anderson's family travelled from Melbourne around a fortnight ago to collect his yacht, Gnosis, which had been moored at Shoal Bay since his disappearance.